Friday 19 March 2010

St Patrick's Day

That was Wed and I had what was supposed to be an Irish dinner party. I invited an Irish couple which probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. They knew what corned beef and cabbage was supposed to taste like. I had a terrible time trying to find corned been in this God forsaken British country. One of the butchers to whom I explained that it was for St. Patrick's Day asked me to bear in mind that I am in GB not Ireland. Eventually I found the meat which here is called salt beef. I cooked it as per recipe I found on the internet but I didn't think to soak it first. It was very salty but not too bad. The Irish people were very kind about my attempt but I'm glad I didn't have to be a fly on the wall when they got home and rehashed the evening. I had even found a picture of St Patrick and some shamrocks to use as my screen saver for the evening; with a green background of course. The best thing about this dinner party was that I am now back in entertaining mode but I won't be serving CB&C for the next lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment