Wednesday 10 March 2010

An exciting life!

That would be me. Let me see; what have I done? I had the trench dug in the back garden followed by the laying of the new cable. It had been destroyed several months ago when I had a stump ground out. Now I have light and power again in the shed/studio so no excuse for not getting it cleared up and turning it into my creative work space.

Another meeting of the Headington Festival committee. What fun. I'm stumbling along trying to learn as I go. It's a fairly steep learning curve but probably good for me.

I've been cutting back on my food intake and I lost 4 lbs last week. I fired my personal trainer. Mr. Diget didn't suit me at all and I was tired of listening to him. I will do better on my own.

I had dinner at Diana's last Saturday evening. Five minutes before I was due to go over, the door bell rang and it was Diana saying would I come over immediately to hold the fort. She had dropped the casserole on the floor taking it out of the oven and the glass dish shattered with the chicken and sauce in it. She was on her way to Waitrose to buy substitute food. She wanted me to greet the other guests and keep them out of the kitchen. I had enough time to clean the mess up off the floor before the first guest arrived. She was a model of calmness and efficiency and produced an excellent salmon main course. If anyone wonders why I love this neighbourhood, there is a perfect example.

I saw Roger yesterday and we read two articles from the London Review of Books. I go round there once a week to read to him and it is a pleasure for both of us.

So that is my exciting week. Hey hey hey.

1 comment:

  1. Love this update - especially the bit about Diana's dinner party. Glad to hear Roger is still choosing stimulating readings.

    ReplyDelete