Thursday 18 March 2010

Singing

SINGING – I went to a charity auction back in November and bid for a singing lesson. I finally got round to taking it up last Friday. This was happening in Kenilworth, a town 60 miles north of Oxford. Why Kenilworth? Because I have old friends who live there. They had the auction and we used their house for the lesson. It was also a chance to spend the night and have a visit with them. The singing was great. This woman runs a group called “Singing for the Terrified” but unfortunately it is based in Coventry so I can’t realistically join. Now the search is on for a local teacher and some sort of low key choir. I love singing. I’m pretty crap at it but it has a liberating effect on the whole person and as exercise, it sure beats calisthenics.

No comments:

Post a Comment