Tuesday 5 January 2010

A Big Step

Today I started the process of becoming an IMac owner and user. We have a small Apple shop in Oxford and I went in and ordered a brand new 27" iMac. I have paid a deposit so I am serious. I will be picking it up on Sunday. I have been using a PC since the late 80's so Imac has a lot to live up to. So why am I making the switch? Search me. Everyone who has Mac's raves about them and I don't want to be left behind. My PC has become slow and decrepit. Unfortunately, Peter the Geek who has been my backup person does not do Macs. It was he who told me that my PC was getting to the end of its life but I don't think he realized that I was under the influence of family Mac people. I'm buying Microsoft Office for the Mac because I use and receive a lot of Word documents. I'm also getting a Care Package so they will look after me. I hope I'm doing the right thing. Do I have enough computer know how to teach myself the new machine. Time will tell and, when it does, I will tell you.

1 comment:

  1. You are gonna love it. Once you've done MAC there is no looking back...

    ReplyDelete