Friday 8 January 2010

Snow Snow Snow

I would have stayed in Canada had I known we would have days and days of extremely cold weather with 6" of snow all over. I can't get my car out and even if I could, I wouldn't want to try to drive it. There is about 2" of packed snow and ice on my road. The temperatures are forecast to drop below zero (Centigrade)for the next week, day as well as night. My outside pipe froze again yesterday and this time I had to get the plumber. He turned up within 1/2 an hour (what a sweetie) and sorted me out. We are all tightening our belts and pulling together. Thank god for the second world war or we might not know how to handle a crisis!



I have been lagging my pipes. This is another bit of English wonderfulness. You take a thick tube of solid polystyrene which is the length of the pipe in question. The polystyrene has a hole down the middle of the tube which is the same diameter as the pipe. There is a lengthwise slit the length of the tube. You manhandle this around the pipe and it is supposed to keep it from freezing. I had only done half the job and it was the exposed bit that froze yesterday; ergo, Andy the plumber.

I was supposed to go to Kenilworth today for a singing lesson. This involves driving which is not on right now so, no singing lesson. Alison and I are going to Earnley for a weekend at the end of the month and I am doing a Choral Singing course. It's not something I would have jumped at but she is doing hand spinning so I had to find something at the same time. No matter how bad I am we will enjoy our mother/daughter weekend. Lots of pampering and lots of bevvies.

No comments:

Post a Comment