Monday 28 December 2009

Resolutions - Goals for 2010

We used to have an entire blog site devoted to goals but somehow it fell by the wayside. I think the last entry was in February. But it is now time to trot out some new goals for 2010. The noughts have gone by very quickly even though they spelled disaster for me (I lost Malcolm in 2006) from which I am still trying to recover. At a practical, measurable level I plan to lose some weight. I was doing okay with this until Xmas struck. I haven't gone back to where I started but I am headed in that direction. Eating all the left over sticky toffee pudding with cream this morning hasn't helped. I have also joined a gym and my goal is to go three times a week (Mon Wed Fri). I hired a personal trainer but he has turned out not to be very good. I paid up front so I have to keep him on for another seven sessions. Then there are the less easily measured goals. These have to do with activities around depression from which I suffer a great deal. I'm going to be starting CBT next week and I hope it helps. It seems to be a very well regarded therapy so I shall do my best.

On a more positive note, I spent Xmas in Brighton with Alison, Sian, Harry, Pat and John (Sian's parents). The girls made a wonderful meal of Beef Wellington and lots of trimmings. I gave Harry a garage for his car collection and I think he likes it. The girls and Harry came up here yesterday for lunch and the Gees were here as well. Today is Adam's birthday (7). He remains unbelievably cute and sweet and nice. My birthday present for him is going to be a day of treats; i.e. shopping, movie, dinner at a noodle restaurant and an overnight. I feel so lucky to have him in my life. I'm going down to the farm for his birthday tea this afternoon and then I have book club tonight (Larry's Party).

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very uplifting. I am just getting through each day of my conference and will save resolving till the 1st...

    ReplyDelete