Saturday 9 January 2010

Once again

Either it is very very cold or I am jinxed. The boiler shut down again this afternoon. This time I have succeeded in fixing it without the help of Andy Plumber. A kettle full of boiling water poured over the exhaust pipe melts the ice jam and 'Bob's your uncle'. I'm glad I was able to fix it but the whole thing is getting very old. The part I find strange is that it freezes in the day but not at night. At least not so far.

I was having a panic about my Ipod because it seemed that I had lost everything that was on it. Not so, thank god. It came back to life this afternoon and I am overjoyed. The problem is my attempt to download all my stuff on the PC to an external hard drive to transfer it to the new Imac. In the process of so doing, I erased my Itunes set up and file. Ugh, double ugh. I was going to get the Imac tomorrow but with the snow, I can't get my car out and it is too heavy to bring home on the bus. Then I had a brain wave. I will see if a taxi will come to the shop and pick me up. More than one way to skin a cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment