Friday 28 May 2010

Poor Me

It has been five years since one of my serious viral setbacks. The last one happened five years ago when I was having a sabbatical here in Oxford. These viral attacks are always triggered by stress but they are unpredictable. I would have thought that I would have had a severe one after my divorce but not so. This is what made me think I had got on top of this particular negative form of stress management. I’m not nearly so ill this time. Obviously, since I’m sitting here at the computer moaning. I won’t catalogue my symptoms since they are boring. I know from previous experience that all I can do is lie low and hope I get over it sooner rather than later. I’m fortunate in having good friends and neighbours (and Rachel) who bring me juice and biscuits and drugs from the local pharmacy (you can get codeine OTC here and I have a monster headache a lot of the time). So, there we are and I have a lot to do in the next two weeks - Festival and Open Garden Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment