Sunday 16 May 2010

Pomodoro

I have had to face the fact that I have fallen behind in just about everything but especially work on the Festival. So, this morning I started using the Pomodoro Technique (thanks Alison) to try to get on with things. For those of you who don't know, Pomodoro is Italian for tomato. That has nothing to do with the technique unless you buy their special timer. I have a perfectly good kitchen timer so I'm using my own. What you do is define a job; i.e. get all Festival info organized and listed. Then you set the timer for 25 minutes and start the job. When the timer goes off, you have a 5 minute break. Then start in again for another 25 minutes. You do this four times and then have a longer break. I have now finished my 4th pomodoro so I'm writing the blog and I will have lunch.

1 comment:

  1. ohhh I love this. I am going to try this with my gardening because I always leave my jobs unfinished.

    ReplyDelete