Monday 21 December 2009

Another party

One of my neighbours had a drinks party tonight. She has recently moved here from North Oxford. Her children were at Phil & Jim all those years ago when Rachel was there and we had previously worked out that Rachel had taught one of her sons. Lots of her No. Oxford friends were there and I think about half the room had grown children who had been taught by Rachel back in the good old days. Then I talked to a woman who remarked on my surname which is still Pike. She said that her ex husband was the nephew of a woman called Pat Pike. This is getting really freaky since Pat Pike was Malcolm's first wife!! I suppose it's inevitable in a town the size of Oxford. I enjoyed the evening very much. She served champagne and good nibbles. I think I shall cultivate a friendship. Is that crass and self serving?

No comments:

Post a Comment