Sunday 20 December 2009

Elisabeth's birthday

I went to a birthday party last night with Elisabeth. She will be 95 on Monday and going strong. I think everyone who came except me was an Alexander person. Alexander is a technique for realigning the body which gives you better balance and more strength. Maybe I'll give it a try but I'm more partial to Pilates. I'm also thinking of getting back into Tapping. Anyway, the party was terrific. I met some wonderful people whom I will definitely want to see again. We ended the evening with about five women sitting around talking about being divorced and the effect it has on one's own life and the problems it presents with one's friends. I felt so good being with people who know where I am. Quite a few of them seem to have gone to the Oxford High many years ago; back in Mary Warnock's time. I told them about Alison's run in with the terrible French teacher who couldn't seem to understand that there were girls with divorced parents who needed two permission slips instead of one. Not that Alison was one of them at that time but she could grasp the big picture. Anyway, it was lovely to have the chance to wish Elisabeth a happy 95th. She is slim and active and puts me to shame so maybe there is something in the Alexander thing. She is the last living student who was taught by the original Alexander.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely party. Hmm Alexander method....

    ReplyDelete