Sunday 18 April 2010

Update 2

I have no idea when I will be home. I have my rezzie for Tuesday but it is not looking good. So I guess I will have to occupy myself writing the great American novel.

I have posted some pictures below (with captions). Needless to say, I have lots more which I will put up in due course. We came back from Halifax yesterday. I spent Friday night in Chezzetcook with Fred. I was in a little strip mall near his house in the country and I went in to order a sandwich. I mentioned to the young girl making the sandwich that I'm from England but I'm stranded in Nova Scotia because of the volcano. She looked blank and said, "Do we have a volcano?" I explained that the volcano was in Iceland but was spewing ash all over northern Europe so planes can't fly. Blank look continues as she says, "Is that like global warming?" I gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment