Monday 19 April 2010

More pics

Gate of Heaven Cemetary
My family have one central headstone and flat stones for each of the five people buried there. Three of the flat stones were taken up, cleaned and polished. This is one of them. It was my grandfather's stone


However, two stones were nowhere to be seen until Jane found a snow scraper in her car and started digging. We found the missing two, one of which is below. It was my grandmother's stone.





This is the Halifax Citadel. This was the fortress from which the city defended itself 250 or more years ago.


This picture was taken inside the Citadel. Maybe it was a warning to me of how things would be for me in a week's time!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you might be able to fly tomorrow! Hope so -- I want to hear all about first class. Take as much crap as you can lay your hands on!

    ReplyDelete