Friday 11 September 2009

9/11

Today is the eighth anniversary of the Twin Towers. I was living in Marina del Rey in Los Angeles which is three hours behind New York. When I turned the radio on in the morning, the announcer was talking about the towers and I thought he was giving a promo for an upcoming program so I got into the shower. I came out of the shower and he was still talking about it. That's when I realized that this was for real and it was going on right now. I rushed in and told Malcolm that we were under attack and then I turned on the TV. I saw the second tower go down and watched pretty much for the rest of the morning. It was an unbelievable sight and not one that I would ever want to see again. It falls into the category of, "Where were you when?"

No comments:

Post a Comment