Monday 26 December 2011

Day 2

Day 2

I sat beside a nice chap on the coach to Somerset House and; when we arrived, he said, “Let’s walk up to Covent Garden and have coffee.” Sounded like a plan to me so off we went. By the time we got there, had coffee and walked back, it was time for lunch so I missed seeing pictures at the Courtauld. Oh well, it’s not as though I can’t get to London easily so I will put it on my list of upcoming cultural events. The new me in the New Year! Then it was off to the Royal Albert Hall for carols. It was a lovely concert which involved the audience standing up and singing the well known carols. I was sitting beside the coffee chap and when he started to sing, I thought, whoa, what’s going on here. Turns out he sings with the Bach choir in London. I kept my mouth shut after that. Back to the hotel, quick nap, dinner and an early night. I wasn’t sorry to find out that there wouldn’t be any games and quizzes until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment