Wednesday 1 September 2010

Modern World

Smug driver vindicated as SatNav confirms his usual route

An Isle of Wight resident was reportedly feeling particularly smug this week after the purchase of a Satellite Navigation system confirmed to him that all the routes he normally takes are exactly the one his Global Positioning system would recommend if he didn’t already know exactly where he was going.
Matthew Gratton, became the latest to feel the 21st century emotion of ‘SatNavisfaction’ when his newly acquired Garmin Nuvi 265, with a 3.5″ touch screen and pre-loaded UK and Western Europe maps, not only directed him to his destination, the business park outside Ventnor where he works, but also chose the exact same route that he normally uses.


I'm jealous. I wish I had a SatNav. Seriously, I've been lost a few times around cities in heavy traffic and it's a nightmare. Also my silly side would enjoy driving my usual routes to check with Ms SN. Do you think I might have too much time on my hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment