Saturday 20 February 2010

Grandson Week

This past week was half term so I had Adam for a date on Wednesday. We went to a film in the afternoon - Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief Then we went to the Wheatley Service Area and partook of a delicious Kentucky Fried Chicken meal. We decided against the Dong Dong this time because Adam had never had KFC. We came home andwatched a couple of recorded movies - Shrek and Toy Story -a couple of excellent classics. We were in bed by ten and had a good sleep. He didn't bring any sharp edged toys this time so I wasn't in danger of being stabbed in my sleep. The next morning, Rachel picked him up at nine to go to his swimming lesson. A good time was had by both.

Tonight I have Harry here for an overnight. He is not old enough yet to sleep in a bed with me so he is in the travel cot in a room of his own. Alison and Sian are spending the night with a friend who is having a birthday and happens to live in Oxford. Harry is getting many more words now and I can often understand him when he speaks. We will have breakfast together tomorrow and then the Mummies will turn up in time for lunch and then, off they go back to Brighton. I am so lucky to have such excellent grandchildren.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so jealous. Ok not about the shrek and toy story part... but just to spend time with those sweet boys!

    ReplyDelete