Wednesday 8 July 2009

Ruskin

I'm off to Ruskin this afternoon for a five day residential drawing course. I have no drawing talent or aptitude but I like the idea of five days, a single room, all my meals and total cost = 86pounds. Also, I'm trying to become a Sunday painter and I will need to be able to make a stab at drawing a flower or a landscape.

I've just had my introduction Pilates class and I've decided to sign up for a series. This is the serious stuff with torture machines but with the advantage of one on one teaching. It should help my stiffness and improve flexibility.

Like Alison, I gave up drinking a week ago and I feel much better for it. Mine is a 3 week program (makeover). In addition to the 'no alcohol' thing, I also have had to give up red meat and salt. The red meat part is fine but I miss my salt. You are supposed to lose 10 lbs in 3 wks. I started at X.2lbs. I lost 3.6 in a couple of days and then I went to Earnley for the weekend. Instead of alcohol and Salt, I consoled myself with two puddings at each meal. I gained back 2 lbs! I lost that 2 lbs by this morning so I hope I can keep at it. I'm hoping the Ruskin puddings will be inferior so I won't be tempted. I'll post up again on Sunday when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that sounds lovely. Gathering all manner of detritus for our Earnley weekend!

    ReplyDelete