Thursday 5 January 2012

Getting One's Comeuppance

I have just limped back from my first gym visit of the year. I made no gym visits last year so this was a biggie. It was also shattering. It was supposed to be beginners Pilates but the teacher didn't show so another young, blond, fit person took over and treated us to an abs class. Now I know what abs stand for - ABJECT. I kept cramping up and being generally hopeless. I'm well aware of my state of fitness - 1 on a scale of 1-10 but even knowing that, I was horrified. I shall continue with it because I can't go on like this. The sweet young thing asked me about my cramps and when I told her that I have them everywhere, all the time, she said I should see someone. I think what she was saying was, "Don't come to the gym, go to the doctor." Pathetic. I am sticking to my 5 a day routine so perhaps with some decent food in me and a regime of activity, I might turn back into a human being.

1 comment:

  1. Well done. It is horrible, but it will be so worth it. She says, having pulled a groin muscle so that every time I stand up my right leg gives out and I look like some sort of demented puppet.

    ReplyDelete