Wednesday 29 June 2011

Seven Oh Oh

I'm sitting up in bed this morning having my slow start with computer and coffee. One of the problems with travelling is that you are expected to get up and dressed and go down for breakfast and that is so not me. MJL (sister Jane) is going down for breakfast but I'm never hungry first thing so I decided to indulge myself as a birthday treat. She promises to bring back a banana and a croissant to keep me going till lunch. Of course it is unreal that I could be as old as I am. I'm considering making a few resolutions. You know 'first day of the rest of your life nonsense' but I will probably continue in my slothful way at least until the party and the visits are over. We are in Killkenny and will go to Kilarney today. Up to Galway on Friday and home on Sunday. I grab my chances to eavesdrop on the locals because I love the accent. We had a wonderful bus driver, tour guide in Dublin who had us laughing outloud. He should be a standup comedian and I told him so. The weather has been excellent so far - no rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment