Wednesday 11 November 2009

The Chairs

They have finally arrived. It seems to have taken about six months but here they are, safe and sound. Now I have to rearrange my furniture in the front room because it is overpopulated with three Scandinavian recliner chairs and one Ikea Poang plus sofa, TV, occasional tables, etc. Fortunately I have a plan which I won't divulge until I have a picture to post. One thing though; when the delivery men left, I looked at the chairs and burst into tears. They are a potent reminder of my old life and I guess I still miss it even though I'm much better than I was. It doesn't help that I am suffering from a nasty cold which has overtones of flu. I feel weak and shaky but at least I'm catching up on trashy daytime TV. Every cloud has a silver lining. I came back from my trips to LA, Brighton and Cambridge full of the desire to move on with my life and, Bingo, I'm sick. I am a great believer in psychosomatic illness so I have to believe that I have brought this on myself so that I won't have to do anything except sit or lie in a heap. I have been sitting up banging away at my computer so I think it is time for TV and a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment