Saturday 4 February 2012

Day 3

Very cold weather. Kathleen and I bundled up last evening and went to the Black Boy for dinner - her treat, god bless her. Got my come-upance when I got home. Radiators were cold and I couldn't get the heating boiler to come on. Very sad, very cold. Put in an emergency call to my plumber but by then it was after nine so I knew I wouldn't hear from him until this morning. Got my electric heater in the bedroom and snuggled down under two duvets. Plumber turned up at 8:30 this morning and diagnosed frozen pipes. He thawed everything out and got the heating going again. It is going to be another freezing night tonight so I may have to give one of my duvets to the pipes! Did I say something in my last two postings about loving being British. It reminds me of the first winter 62/63 that I spent here. It was even colder then but I had Ian lighting fires and loving every minute of it. In other words, I wasn't in charge. Also I was pregnant that winter and it was like having an internal heating device. And, I had my Canadian outdoor gear so whenever it got too cold in the house, I got dressed up and went outside to get warm. Gotta love this country - pipes on the outside of the house. Wish me luck tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment