Tuesday 22 November 2011

20 Days

That's how many days I haven't written my blog and I know you regulars are missing it! I haven't even finished the two watercolours I started on my last trip to Earnley. They are sitting in the shed/studio waiting for me to find the time to work on them. Ha Ha. That should read waiting for me to stop wasting time wool gathering and ruminating. My TV watching is all up to date it's just the writing and painting that suffer. Of course now I have the short day excuse. Don't ask me how that excuse works because I do have electricity. Anyway, I thought it was time to update this blog.

My back garden is covered in fallen leaves. The colour is a good red/orange/brown but they need to be removed and it is a big job. I could ruminate while I rake but luckily it's raining today. Also I have a couple of people coming for part of a lunch. This is a friend I met at BK and she and I and Kathleen are having lunch today - main course at Kathleen's followed by pudding at mine. Kathleen and I live next door to each other so we don't have to take a bus to get from fish pie to apple crumble.

I'm having dinner tonight with one of my local councillors. She has become a good friend. On Friday I go to Brighton for a weekend with the boys. Apparently Tom is mobile now so they have put him in a cage (a playpen) but Harry delights in announcing that it's time for Tom Tom to go in the cage. Harry will be four in about three weeks so he needs a birthday present. I suggested to his mother that I would buy him an electric car, the kind you ride in, but she vetoed this without a second thought. I'm disappointed because I always wanted one of those when I was a kid. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment