Wednesday 1 December 2010

December is here

24 days till Christmas. I'm looking forward to it this year for the first time in five years. I will be in Eastbourne with Pat and John (Sian's family). Rachel also invited me so I am feeling pretty good. It is literally freezing outside. We have snow on the ground; not enough for a snowman but at least I can drive. I'm taking Roger for a scan this morning so driving is essential. I'm still going down to his place once a week to read to him. I enjoy this so much. He always has the London Review of Books or the New York Review of Books and; as I don't subscribe to either, it is my chance for some high class reading. We read an article by Sheila Fitzpatrick on her visits to Russia during the Cold War and I wished I had had Jane with us to say the Russian words and to do a little explaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment