Monday 14 June 2010

Open Garden Day

We had beautiful weather for the Open Garden event yesterday afternoon. Alison, Sian and Harry were here to help. They manned the front room where people came in and had to either pay £1 or £3 depending on their membership status of The Friends of Old Headington. Sian took to this job like a duck to water and nobody slipped past her eagle eye! I think she was born to run a stall at a market. It's a pity she got led astray with that silly PhD. I don't know how many people we had but definitely very many and we had excellent positive comments from all and sundry. You might be saying to yourself that people would think they had to say positive things but, actually, they didn't need to say anything. Entrance to my garden is through the house which was fine. In fact, I think people enjoyed an inside peek as well as an outside wander.

The true winner and star of the day was Judith. She is the Garden Queen. She lives down the street from me and it was she who planned, dug, planted, weeded and brought forth over two years this beautiful tribute to her skill as a gardener. Of course I helped. I did 1% of the work and she did the other 99%. What a hero.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! It's a beautiful English garden. Hopefully I'll see it in person next year.

    ReplyDelete