Friday 14 August 2009

Chaos

My kitchen remodel and new floors begin on Monday. This means that I started yesterday with the thankless task of removing everything from the kitchen and the big back room. I don't actually have to take the books out, thank god. But everything else that's moveable and breakable has to go to the studio in the back garden. I'm having mostly all new appliances in the kitchen but the fridge stays so it will go in the front room along with the microwave oven and electric kettle and I will be able to eat "ready meals". I'm having a new wood floor throughout the kitchen and back room. The whole process will take about three weeks, including the granite worktops. I'm thrilled to be able to do an expensive job like this but I'm also full of trepidation at the thought of how it will look when it is finished. Pictures to follow.

1 comment: