Saturday 8 October 2011

1970's tie dye dinner party

In order to cope with a very large (wide) dining table, I made a tie dye tablecloth from a sheet. Such a flashback to the 70's when that particular craft form was everywhere. I invited eight friends, three from my art group, three outliers and Rachel and Charlie. Alison and Sian decreed that I must have a 1970's menu so here it is:

Before- cheese and pineapple hedgehog
crisps and dip
Starter - prawn cocktail with MarieRose sauce
Main - chicken Kiev
chips
a selection of frozen veg
Pudding - Black Forest Gateau
apple crumble

To ease the blandness of the menu, I had good wine.


The tablecloth


The guests


After all this wonderfulness, can a macrame plant holder be far behind?

2 comments:

  1. Bet it got eaten up and enjoyed by all. Can't go wrong with good wine -- or even not so good wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO jealous! That looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete