Saturday 8 January 2011

Christmas

I missed out on Christmas and New Year but let me report that they were great, especially Christmas. We went to John and Pat in Eastbourne and they provided a wonderful Christmas day. I came home on the 27th. There had been a lot of snow in the couple of weeks before Christmas so I went to Brighton on the bus. It works quite well - coach from the corner of my street down to Gatwick and then a second coach from there to Brighton. The only drawback was not being able to take Harry's present and the case of wine for John and Pat. I will have to make a second trip to Eastbourne with the wine although I used some of it a couple of evenings ago for an excellent dinner party. The dinner was a great success although it threw me way off track for the weight loss challenge. I had decided that January would be a dry month but faced with the coq au vin and other yummy food plus having spent the day getting everything ready, I succumbed to the call of the grape. It was worth it. It is hard to beat Chateauneuf du Pape. I'm back on the wagon and the food deprivation thing again although I had Rosie round today and she begged for a trip to MacDonald's so I ended up eating chicken McNuggets. Whoops. I'll have to starve for the rest of the week. We do our weigh in on Friday morning so I have five days. I won the first week and I would like to keep up the good work.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on winning week one -- you sure didn't fall below the yellow line! JLL

    ReplyDelete