Tuesday 10 August 2010

Brighton Pictures

I went down on Friday afternoon. We had an early night because the boy has been waking up between five and six so the Mummies were exhausted and I always like an early night. Anyway, next day was Gay Pride in Brighton so we all walked into town to see the throng. There were lots of excellent costumes. I wanted to go to the Apple Store so I left Alison and Harry heading for the parade. In retrospect, I wish I had gone with them. The Apple Store was super crowded but I did corner a salesgirl long enough to ask if there was any point in buying a Macbook from them for £999 when I could get one from Amazon for £881. I came away satisfied that it would be fine to go with Amazon and that leaves me with £119 to put toward the Applecare Plan. I have one with my big IMac and I have made good use of it. I want the Macbook for travelling and taking to the studio or to bed with me. How sad is that! Sleeping with something called Mac which isn't a burger or a Scotsman! I put in my order today so hope to have the new toy in a couple of days. My next self indulgent item will be an A3 printer.

I have been working on the home sorting, sifting and hurling process and it is going quite well. My plan is to have my whole life in perfect order by the time I go to California. Then when I come back, I will turn into a productive, move ahead kind of girl. Oh well, I can dream. I will go to Brighton on the 3rd Sept for an overnight with Harry. The 4th is Alison's birthday (the big 40) and she and Sian want to go away for the weekend to a spa. I'm going to do the Friday night and Pat (Sian's Mum) will do Saturday night. Strangely enough, they don't want to take Harry with them. By the way, for anyone who doesn't know, Sian is pregnant; baby due in February. We are all thrilled.

2 comments:

  1. An excellent plan! I am going to be perfect come October as well. How splendid ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better get busy myself. Perfection express pulling out of town shortly....

    ReplyDelete